Servings: 1 Prep: 2 mins Cook: 1 min Total: 3 mins
For years, I lived down in Mexico with a broken microwave. I’d read and read about the “One-Minute-Muffins” in all the various low-carb forums, but never had the opportunity to TRY one! I finally moved into an apartment with a working microwave and gave one a shot. O … M … G!!!
Since then, I’ve been making all sorts of flavors! This is about my 8th flavor combination, so far (on the website, anyway). I wanted to try something different, though. No more SWEET flavors, and no just plan breads, either. I wanted something interesting, unique and special! The kind of think you could serve in place of a bread basket during a nice meal and NO ONE will question you about the lack of “bread” … they’ll just gobble THESE tasty things down and beg for more!
I chose to go “savory” this time, starting with a zucchini base. I then incorporated bacon, parmesan, fresh herbs and a simple topping of cream cheese!
Pretty, tasty and … pretty spectacular, too!
Savory Zucchini, Bacon and Herb OMMPrint Rate
- In a wide mouthed coffee mug, combine your flax, almond meal, parmesan, baking powder and salt. (I like to grease my mug first, but I don't think it's necessary)
- Squeeze the water out of your zucchini, by squeezing it within your fist, over the sink. Un-clump the zucchini, so it is back in strand form.
- Mix in your zucchini, pecans, egg, bacon fat, half of the bacon bits and half of the thyme.
- Microwave on high for 60 seconds (90 seconds if using a weaker microwave)
- Garnish with a nice layer of cream cheese and then sprinkle the remaining bacon bits and thyme on to the top!
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note, I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with my ideals and I believe would be of value to my readers.
* Learn More: More about this recipe and nutrition …