Servings: 6 Prep: 15 min Cook: 0 min Total: 15 min
This is a very simple appetizer or finger food. It consists of only 3 ingredients and requires zero cooking. The only tricky part is finding the ingredients!
These came about while thinking about parties and entertaining. These would be great as a minimalist’s appetizer. They would also look lovely spread on a tray, where they could be passed around or set at a table, while people graze around it. They do not really need anything to hold them together, but you may add a toothpick to each one, should you serve them at a party. This helps keep distance between food and … fingers.
Note: I’ve used Ciliegine (cherry sized) balls of mozzarella, but you could use larger ones (bocconcini) . if you can’t find the proper size of fresh mozzarella, you can always buy a nice sized log or ball and cut cubes. That would look just as nice!
Prosciutto Wrapped MozzarellaPrint Rate
- 6 thin slices prosciutto
- 18 leaves fresh basil
- 18 each mozzarella ciliegine
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Cut each slice of prosciutto to about 1 inch wide (about the width of a ball of mozzarella).
- Lay down your cut strips of prosciutto, side-by-side.
- Place a basil leave at the end of each strip.
- Place a mozzarella ball on top of each basil leaf.
- Dust the mozzarella with a little salt and pepper.
- Roll into the prosciutto.
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note, I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with my ideals and I believe would be of value to my readers.
* Learn More: More about this recipe and nutrition …