Servings: 1 Prep: 2 min Cook: 1 mins Total: 3 mins
Here we have a slightly spiced zucchini bread style “One-Minute-Muffin”. I thought about coming up with some kind of exotic frosting for it, but decided to keep it simple. Fresh from the microwave, smearing some softened salted butter onto the top of one of these would be a simple, inviting and MORE than appropriate complement!
This particular blend comes across as quite hearty. With the fiber rich flax, it comes across as a bit course and not entirely unlike a zucchini bread made with whole grains!
Much like my more formal “Zucchini Bread Loaf”, this is similarly spiced, but I’ve opted to swap out the pecans for walnuts. (either will work, though!)
Photo Note: In the background is this Zucchini OMM’s savory cousin, the “Savory Zucchini, Bacon and Herb OMM“.
Spiced Zucchini Bread OMMPrint Rate
- 2 tbsp golden flaxseed meal
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- 2 tbsp 'Swerve' or other sugar replacement
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg freshly ground
- 1 dash cloves freshly ground
- 1 dash salt
- 2 tbsp grated zucchini
- 1 tbsp walnut halves broken and toasted
- 1 large whole egg
- 1 tsp fresh whole butter melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a wide mouthed coffee mug, combine your flax, almond meal, sugar replacement, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt. (I like to grease my mug first, but I don't think it's necessary)
- Squeeze the water out of your zucchini, by squeezing it within your fist, over the sink. Un-clump the zucchini, so it is back in strand form.
- Mix in your zucchini, walnuts, egg, butter and vanilla.
- Microwave on high for 60 seconds (90 seconds if using a weaker microwave)
- Try it with butter. Eat and enjoy!
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note, I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with my ideals and I believe would be of value to my readers.
* Learn More: More about this recipe and nutrition …