Beef Mushoom Kabob
Well ... they can't ALL be winners, can they? This is simple, well cooked and tasty, but it's ... meh. I wasn't 'feeling it" when I made this. Even from the pictures, it should be obvious what it is.
I'm leaving it because ... I cooked it, I get to add another recipe to my total number of recipes (every one counts!), and it DOES have some solid nutritional info. After making it, I should AT LEAST put it out there, even if it's ... meh.
Don't get me wrong. It's not bad. It's actually really good! It's flavorful and simple, but ... meh. It's just ... meh. I don't know why.
2 out of 4 stars.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 6 Servings
- 1 1/2 lb beef tenderloin sirloin or ribeye, cut into strips
- 1 small red bell pepper cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 each sweet red onion cut into 1-inch squares
- 1/4 lb (about 5) plump cremini or button mushrooms quartered
- 2 tbsp light olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- 4 each garlic cloves minced
- 18 each bamboo skewers soaked in water for 30 minutes
- salt pepper and chili flakes, to taste
- 2 tbsp light olive oil for grilling
Mix together each of the ingredients in a bowl, except the salt, pepper, chili flakes, oil for grilling and skewers.
Let marinade in the refrigerator for an hour.
Thread the beef and veggies on the bamboo skewers.
Pre-heat a grill.
Season the beef with salt, black pepper and chili flakes.
Once the grill is hot, brush it with light olive oil and quickly place your beef on the grill.
Grill each skewer, until it's nicely seared and cooked to your desired doneness.
Serving: 6g | Calories: 376.39333333333kcal | Carbohydrates: 3.41g | Protein: 23.128333333333g | Fat: 29.006666666667g | Fiber: 0.65g