Chilled Out Gazpacho Salad
Gazpacho is a chilled tomato based soup, hailing from Spain. It's essentially a pureed mixture of tomatoes, cucumbers, onions and bell peppers. It very frequently has old bread pureed with it, which helps thicken and pull it all together.
This is not soup. This is a SALAD, based off the same ingredients. This is what happens if you decide NOT to puree the soup, omit the bread and just eat it like a salad! It's still a chilled and refreshing summer dish! It's just ... sliced, instead of pureed!
The key to this salad is to use super fresh ingredients, then slice them very thin. The thinner the slices, the better. This will help coat each thin slice with a little lemon juice and oil, as well as the juices that come out of the vegetables, themselves! The thinner the slices, the softer the salad, and the better blended the flavors will be.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 8 Servings
Author: DJ Foodie
- 2 lb fresh assorted tomatoes cut into thin slices or wedges
- 1 each english cucumber seeded and very thinly sliced
- 1 each sweet red onion very thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper seeded and very thinly sliced
- 4 cups baby spinach washed and stems removed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil good quality
- salt and pepper to taste
Serving: 8g | Calories: 107.30625kcal | Carbohydrates: 9.2525g | Protein: 3.64125g | Fat: 6.79375g | Fiber: 2.46625g