Taking Out the Carbage
(The BIG Combo Platter Sale)
What if You Could Lose Weight and Dramatically Change Your Life . . .
. . . By Enjoying Bacon-Doughnut Sandwiches?!
This is the question I’m asked most often. “I need to lose xxx lbs. How do I start?” “My hubby was just diagnosed diabetic. I don’t know what to do. Where do we begin?!” “I never have time. How do I do this?!?!”
I’m also constantly asked about sweeteners. Bread. Pasta. Pizza. Rice. The list goes on.
Now, if you’re patient, all these answers are scattered through the hundreds and hundreds of pages on this website. Dig in and get reading!
However, if you’d like a clear, organized, beautiful, engaging and FUN answer to all these questions, I suggest you consider my combo platter!
When I personally started all of this, I was over 350 lbs. and certain I was a diabetic. I was alone, sad, and lost. I didn’t know where to start, either. However, I had a stack of diet books that had been handed to me over the years by friends, family and other meddling do-gooders. As I bumped my butt along the bottom of my life, I finally cracked one open and read it. Then, another. And, another! As I read, I found LOADS of incredible information, but nothing that really combined an ideology with foods that excited me. Not only that, but the books were always written by doctors, or non-professionals. The explanations either went way over my head, or there simply wasn’t enough to go on. Also, none of them combined a full plan with recipes. It was always one or the other. Granted, this was way back in 2010, but there was simply nothing interesting or captivating, at all!
Over the course of a year, I dropped almost 150 lbs. I read … ravenously. It really started to sink in! Being a professional chef, I was able to turn all the food lists and philosophy I’d found, combine them with my own kitchen experiences and began to assemble a growing collection of recipes specifically designed around the ideas I’d formally and whole-heartedly embraced.
These books are the books I wished I’d found when I started. Knowing that this pursuit of health is often begun from a troubled place, I’ve made sure to keep it personal, but comical! You’ll learn loads and laugh all the while. Don’t let the silliness undermine the depth of information, though. It’s here. And, while the books are incredibly informative, they’re also written in plain ol’ English. All the concepts are easy to digest. Almost daily, I receive an email reading something to the effect of, “This is the only cookbook I’ve read cover to cover. What a fun read!”
Beyond the humorous approach to the subject matter, my more than 25 years of professional culinary experience breathes true life into the recipes, themselves. I aim to teach and instruct, hoping to release you into your own kitchen with the keys to hone your future.
The books are all well written, professionally edited, designed and indexed. They also contain more detailed nutritional information per recipe than any cookbook I’ve ever seen.
Want to know where to start? Start here!
Here’s the Skinny: USA only, during the sale. The PDFs are currently available internationally, as an instant download.
Any book ordered during the sale will ship via USPS Media Mail the next business day. It will likely arrive within 4 to 5 days for most, but can take upwards of a week or two for Hawaii, Alaska and parts of the far North East and North West. The USPS claims it will take 2 to 9 business days. You will be sent tracking information when the books ship.
Once the sale is over and the book is released internationally, this same package will run $79.90. So, grab them now, for a $20.00 savings!
Fine Print: Shipping and handling is $9.95. 8.8% Sales Tax for WA.
- A perfect starting point; these books contain not just recipes, but the rules and know-how to get you there. Far more than ordinary cookbooks, these will get you where you want to go!
- Do you miss sandwiches, pancakes, muffins, donuts, zucchini bread, or pizza? Ever have a bad experience with coconut flour? Feel like you spend too much on exotic ingredients? Ever see a recipe with tapioca flour and not know what to do? This combo solves all these problems!
- Combined, these two books are 814 pages (near 8 lbs. [3.6 kg]!) and more than 280 delectable low-carb, low-glycemic, keto and primal friendly recipes with a strong focus on REAL FOODS
- Both metric and imperial measurements, to save you headaches in the kitchen
- An extremely detailed nutritional analysis of each recipe, broken down by ingredient, so you know exactly where your nutrients are coming from
- A complete two-week meal plan to take some of the work out of low-carb living, plus a secret third week and tips on how you can easily create your own meal plan
- Ingredient lists, organized by carb count, to help guide you as you’re planning your meals
- A little something sweet… a comprehensive look at modern sugar alternatives
- Removable shopping lists with perforated edges for easy tearing, to save you some trouble when it’s time to restock your kitchen with nutritious ingredients
- Easy-to-follow dietary guidelines, including which foods are okay to eat and which foods to avoid at all costs
- Foreword by celebrity chef and good friend George Stella, an influential voice in the low-carb lifestyle community
- Plenty of sound weight loss advice, including snack ideas, exercise recommendations, and effective ways to deal with cravings
- High-quality cookbooks designed to withstand abuse in the kitchen, with a strong but flexible binding and specially-coated pages to minimize stains
- Includes an enormously fun and engaging look at quick breads, what they are and how they are made
- A detailed look at the ingredients and methods used, but never gets overly bogged down in scientific terminology. Written in plain-old-English
- Loads of sage wisdom (and other nonsense!) from yours truly, DJ Foodie
- And much, MUCH more!
“Taking Out the Carbage is full of so my great looking recipes, it’s tough to choose. All his recipes are focused on real whole foods which is something that I believe it very important. His taco soup and creamy smoked salmon chowder are recipes I’d like to try this winter. The size of the book and number of recipes blew me away! This is a must-have low carb cookbook for your collection!”
~ Lisa MarcAurele, Low-Carb Yum
“DJ has done it again! I was impatiently awaiting the release of his new cookbook, and it didn’t disappoint. DJ has a wonderful skill of combining healthy ingredients to create tasty keto recipes, all wrapped up in witty sense of humour. Apart from several sweet and savoury recipes, there are numerous tips and techniques for low-carb baking so that even a complete novice can learn how to master grain-free bread or muffins (the Deep-Dish Pizza and Chocolate-Chocolate Chunks with Chocolate Ganache are on top of my list!). “The Fakery” is a must have for every health-conscious foodie!”
~ Martina Slajerova, KetoDiet App
“DJ Foodie is back with another fantastic cookbook, and like Taking Out the Carbage, it’s definitely a must-have! The Fakery provides a ton of helpful guidance, including choosing ingredients and substitutions that guarantee the best results, the importance of ratios, and many other tips for becoming a world-class low-carb baker like DJ himself! The book is extremely well organized, and the recipes are easy to follow, healthy, and scrumptious (Sour Cream Coffee Cake with Hazelnut Streusel, anyone?). In addition, it’s filled with exquisite photography and cool illustrations, and the entire book is written in DJ’s warm, engaging, personable style. I highly recommend The Fakery for all low-carbers, as well as anyone who loves to bake!”
~ Franziska Spritzler, RD, CDE, Low-Carb Dietitian
“To say DJ is my friend is an understatement; he’s more like my long-lost son. It is my greatest pleasure and honor to tell the world that my good friend DJ Foodie has broken the mold and written here—let the adjectives rip!—the most modern, comprehensive, fun, funny, interesting, and pertinent low-carb cookbook ever written by someone who is passionate, relatable, and approachable, someone who has been there and done that. DJ is truly on a mission to help others, and this is rare to find today!”
~ George Stella, professional chef and Food Network host
“THE FAKERY is a perfect starting point for anyone venturing into the world of low carb baking, from low carb newbie to old pro. There is so much information (presented in such an easy-to-understand way), everybody is going to learn something from this book. Thanks to DJ for all the care so obviously “baked” into this how-to guide! Buy it now and thank me later.”
~ Dixie Vogel, Low-Carb Zen
“DJ — your new book is a masterpiece!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ever since I was young, I knew I wanted to be a chef (19 year old baby, in the photo!). When the other little kids around me were asked what they wanted to be when they grew up, they gave the standard answers: “Policeman!” “Fireman!” “Astronaut!” Me? I said, “Chef!” Every holiday, instead of toys, I got cookbooks and kitchen utensils… and I loved it! At age fourteen, I landed my first job at one of the best restaurants in town. And I never looked back.
I went on to graduate from the Culinary Institute of America, and I’ve worked under some of the greatest chefs on the West Coast, including Wolfgang Puck, Tom Douglas, and David and Anne Gingrass. Over the years, I hosted a food-themed Internet radio show, worked as the Manager of Special Projects at AllRecipes.com, and owned my own catering business. Food is my passion, and I’ve infused my book with that passion, along with the knowledge I’ve gained over my many years working in the food industry.
You can have all this for LESS than the amount you might spend on a carb-filled dinner at a fancy Italian restaurant! Are you ready to make your health a priority? If you want to stop filling up on unhealthy carbohydrates and really make a change, Taking Out the Carbage (AKA The Big Book of Bacon) is for you! Click a button below now to add it to your cart!