(Easy Guide to Low-Carb/Keto-Friendly Grain-Free Quick Breads)
What if you could eat a sandwich? Or, a donut?
Or, a donut sandwich?!?
Here’s the Skinny: USA only, during the sale. The PDF is currently available internationally, as an instant download.
Any copy of The Fakery ordered during the sale will ship via USPS Media Mail, the next business day. It will likely arrive within 4 to 5 days from there, but can take upwards of a week or two for Hawaii, Alaska and parts of the far North East and North West. The USPS suggests the range of 2 to 9 business days. You will be sent tracking information when the books ship.
Once the sale is over, this same package will run $29.95. So, grab it now, for a $5.00 savings!
Fine Print: Shipping and handling is $5.95. 8.8% Sales Tax for WA.
- Do you miss sandwiches, pancakes, muffins, donuts, zucchini bread, or pizza? Ever have a bad experience with coconut flour? Feel like you spend too much on exotic ingredients? Ever see a recipe with tapioca flour and not know what to do? This simple guide solves all these problems!
- Both metric and imperial measurements, to save you headaches in the kitchen.
- An extremely detailed nutritional analysis of each recipe, broken down by ingredient, so you know exactly where your nutrients are coming from.
- Nutrition additionally shows percentage of fat, for those following a ketogenic diet.
- A perfect starting point for those looking to bake; it contains not just recipes, but the rules, ratios, and know-how to get you there. Far more than an ordinary cookbook, this one is all-in-one!
- An enormously fun and engaging look at quick breads, what they are and how they are made.
- A detailed look at the ingredients and methods used, but never gets heavy or overly bogged down in scientific terminology. Written in plain-old-English.
- A variety of substitutions are offered and suggested, allowing for recipes to be converted to nut-free, egg-free, dairy-free and/or sugar-free.
- Side-by-side photos of baked goodies made with different ingredients, visually highlighting the properties of each.
- A quick look at modern sugar alternatives, including recipes to make your own.
- 240 pages and over 60 recipes. Most recipes are designed as launching pads from which you can build your own tweaks and ideas. Use this book to convert other recipes found in other books or the internet. Contains the potential for thousands of recipes; it contains the know-how. A true primer!
- A high-quality cookbook designed to withstand abuse in the kitchen, with a strong but flexible binding and specially-coated pages to minimize stains
- Loads of sage wisdom (and other nonsense!) from yours truly, DJ Foodie
- And much, MUCH more!
Going low-carb, keto, grain-free, paleo, primal, etc. causes people to give up what is often their favorite things! Potatoes, pasta, breads, tropical fruits, rice, corn, etc. We all loathe know the list. I personally never felt like I ate a lot of bread or that I needed it, until it was gone. When I first adopted this way of life, I’d lie awake at night fantasizing about pizza crusts and hamburger buns. I literally couldn’t sleep and I could not stop!
Oh, how I wish I’d had this book 5 years ago. The contents of this book gave me my bread back!
It delves deep into what quick breads are, the leaveners used and the ingredients one would use in place of flour and sugar. It’s endlessly fun and frisky with loads of humor and colorful illustrations. Don’t mistake that for pure silliness, though. It’s just as detailed and informative, as it is entertaining to read.
Early on in my own baking experiments, I failed more often than I succeeded. Much like my first book, I finally decided to write the book I wished I had when I first started. This is the follow-up to the wildly successful Taking Out the Carbage. While that is a huge overview covering a low-carb and keto-friendly way of eating I call Low-Primal, this goes to the same lengths to describe and share ketogenic grain and sugar-free quick breads.
Anyone who has struggled with baking without grains will find a treasure trove of help. While geared for beginners, the depth is substantial enough to enlighten the most dedicated grain-free baker.
Ever since I was young, I knew I wanted to be a chef (19 year old baby, in the photo!). When the other little kids around me were asked what they wanted to be when they grew up, they gave the standard answers: “Policeman!” “Fireman!” “Astronaut!” Me? I said, “Chef!” Every holiday, instead of toys, I got cookbooks and kitchen utensils… and I loved it! At age fourteen, I landed my first job at one of the best restaurants in town. And I never looked back.
I went on to graduate from the Culinary Institute of America, and I’ve worked under some of the greatest chefs on the West Coast, including Wolfgang Puck, Tom Douglas, and David and Anne Gingrass. Over the years, I hosted a food-themed Internet radio show, worked as the Manager of Special Projects at AllRecipes.com, and owned my own catering business. Food is my passion, and I’ve infused my book with that passion, along with the knowledge I’ve gained over my many years working in the food industry.
You can have all this for LESS than the amount you might spend on a carb-filled dinner at a fancy Italian restaurant! Are you ready to make your health a priority? If you want to stop filling up on unhealthy carbohydrates and really make a change, The Fakery (Easy Guide to Grain-Free Quick Breads) is for you! Click a button below now to add it to your cart!