Servings: 4 Prep: 10 min Cook: 0 min Total: 10 min
I like a good salad. I like bacon. I like free time. I like berries. When I have a salad that has bacon, berries and is quick and easy to make … it zooms right to the top of my favorite salads list!
There’s no deep mystery to this salad. There’s no salad dressing that needs made, separate from the salad. There’s only the basic natural magic emanating from the right ingredients, pulled together at the right time and tossed in a bowl. This sweet, salty and crunchy salad is fantastic and can go on just about any table in the land. Yum.
Mixed Greens with Blackberries, Bacon and Goats CheesePrint Rate
- 1 cup fresh blackberries washed
- 4 cups mixed greens washed and dried
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves washed and dried
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 1/4 cup walnut halves broken
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup goats cheese
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a large salad bowl, add your blackberries. With a sturdy fork, squish the blackberries, so that they are somewhat smooshed. You want them to be broken up enough to release some blackberry juice, but not so broken up that they no longer look like blackberries. Do a half-partial smoosh.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl, except the goats cheese. Toss, lightly.
- With your fingers, break up little pieces of the goats cheese, all over the top of the salad. Toss it lightly.
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note, I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with my ideals and I believe would be of value to my readers.
* Learn More: More about this recipe and nutrition …