Servings: 4 Prep: 15 min Cook: 10 min Total: 25 min
This is a quick, bright and tasty side dish. It seems to me that most people boil their vegetables, but this is completely unnecessary! The goal is simply to cook your veggies in a way that makes them healthy and delicious. Sautéed in a little butter will do the trick. Especially if you use a nice thin fresh variety of green bean!
The toasted almonds add nice texture and a little nutty variety! Couldn’t we all use a little more nutty variety!?
Green Beans, Peppers and AlmondsPrint Rate
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 lb green string beans ends and string removed
- 1 small red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 4 each garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds toasted
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Pre-heat a saute pan, over medium-high heat.
- When the pan is hot, add the butter and green beans, at the same time. Toss them in the pan to coat the green beans with butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Saute the green beans for about 4 minutes.
- Add the sliced red bell peppers and garlic. Season with a little more salt and pepper.
- Saute for another 4 minutes, or until all the vegetables are cooked through. They should still be somewhat crisp and bright, but cooked through.
- At the last minute, add the toasted almonds to the pan. Mix them into the vegetables and then serve!
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note, I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with my ideals and I believe would be of value to my readers.
* Learn More: More about this recipe and nutrition …