Servings: 6 Prep: 5 min Cook: 25 mins Total: 30 mins
This recipe is part of a series about the “One-Minute-Muffin“, even though this recipe isn’t an OMM.
OMM’s are little more than a quick bread batter, microwaved in a cup. Within 60 seconds, a full MUFFIN can be “baked”, resulting in a warm, fresh muffin! Realistically, this is just a standard batter, and can be used in a variety of ways. Take the same batter, place it into a ceramic cup and bake it for 22 minutes and … MUFFIN! The same thing results! It just takes longer. There is ONE extra benefit, which is caramelization. Because the heat is external, the outside of the muffin “browns” creating a more complex flavor. Other than that … same exact muffin!
I wanted to conduct a test by making a big batch of basic unsweetened OMM batter, infused with a few herbs and some garlic. I wanted something resembling a focaccia, but without yeast or wheat. I wanted it “quick bread” style!
It’s too much batter for the microwave, but the very same batter could be popped into the microwave for little savory herb muffins.
Let’s just say … it worked! IT WORKED WONDERS!! Delicious! Try some with dinner, or … slice it for AMAZING sandwiches!
Herby Sandwich Bread (Focaccia)Print Rate
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flax, almond flour, baking powder, rosemary, chili flakes and half of the salt. Mix well.
- Add the eggs, olive oil and garlic to the mix. Mix well.
- Grease a 9" x 9" square baking pan. Pour the batter into the pan. With a spatula, smooth it out so that it is evenly distributed throughout the pan. Sprinkle the remaining salt over the top of the batter.
- Bake at 350 F for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly golden brown and nicely puffed.
- Place on a rack and cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing. Serve!
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note, I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with my ideals and I believe would be of value to my readers.
* Learn More: More about this recipe and nutrition …