Servings: 8 Prep: 5 min Cook: 0 min Total: 5 min
Pesto Schmear is a cream cheese spread made with cream cheese, parmesan cheese, garlic, basil, olive oil, a little lemon juice, toasted pinenuts, salt and pepper. It’s a DELICIOUS sauce or spread and can be used in sandwiches, wraps, spread on toast or bagels, etc.
In this recipe, I use a homemade pesto, but a store bought pesto would also work. There are also many varieties of pesto. I suspect ANY of them would work! Basil pesto and sun-dried tomato pesto are the two that I see most often, but I’ve seen all kinds of leafy-nutty pestos. Arugula-Walnut, anyone?
You don’t need to stop there! You can take cream cheese and throw in chopped olives, garlic, toasted almonds, chilies and grated pecorino! Or, you could go simple and just add a few capers, lemon juice and some dill!
Cream cheese spreads are great to have around the house. I use ’em all the time! They also take only seconds to make!
- 8 ounces full fat cream cheese preferably warmed
- 1/2 cup Pesto alla Genovese
- pinch of salt
- (optional step) I tend to find cream cheese to be a little easier to mix, if it's warm. You can leave on the counter, on a warm day, for an hour. Or, probably better ... use the defrost setting on your microwave for a minute.
- Add your ingredients to a bowl and mix.
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note, I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with my ideals and I believe would be of value to my readers.
* Learn More: More about this recipe and nutrition …