Servings: 6 Prep: 10 min Cook: 10 min Total: 20 min
These delightfully and deceptively quick and simple little scallop skewers come bacon wrapped and skewered with fresh rosemary twigs! The saltiness of the bacon really complements the sweet scallop flavor. The rosemary skewer simply imparts a mild herby twist to the whole thing, while also helping to keep the bacon in place!
I personally seared these in a hot pan, but in retrospect probably would’ve done them on a grill. I don’t remember my logic for using a pan. The good news is … both methods would work!
Note: I topped these off with some orange-rosemary compound butter that I had in my freezer. Fantastic combo!
Bacon Wrapped, Rosemary Skewered ScallopsPrint Rate
- 18 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 9 slices raw bacon
- 18 jumbo sea scallops
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Remove the leaves from the bottom portion of the fresh rosemary sprigs. Save the leaves for another recipe.
- Cut the slices of bacon into half, so that each slice of bacon is half as long. You should now have 18 short slices of bacon.
- Wrap each slice of bacon around a scallop.
- Skewer the scallops with the bare end of the rosemary twig, so that it holds the two bacon flaps in place.
- Pre-heat a large non-stick sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Season the scallops with a small amount of salt and pepper.
- Place the scallops in the pan, with the flat side down. Try to keep them from touching one another. You may need to do this in two batches. You won't need any extra oil, because the fat from the bacon quickly renders into the pan.
- You do want a fairly high heat for this, so that the surface of the scallop sears and you get a nice color, without overcooking the scallop. After about 2 minutes, flip the scallops and brown the other side.
- Remove from the pan and serve! Would be nice sitting on top of a nice basic salad, for example. Or, serve by themselves!
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note, I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with my ideals and I believe would be of value to my readers.
* Learn More: More about this recipe and nutrition …