Servings: 12 Prep: 5 min Cook: 25 min Total: 30 min
Whenever you need to dip something into something else, you need something with which to dip. This can be cookies, crackers, bread, veggie sticks, meat slices, cheese planks, etc. Even a finger can be used … but you might get a few dirty looks.
One of the most simple, quick, low carb solutions are these crispity delights. Baked pita wedges!
These are everything you could ever want in a dipping vessel. The texture is perfect, the flavor is neutral and the carbs are low … as is the time in the kitchen! Simply cut, brush a little oil and … bake! Dip away!
Because I can never anticipate the type of dip you might be serving, I kept these basic. However, you could throw all sorts of interesting things into your oil, prior to brushing the chips. Herbs, salt and pepper, chili flakes, orange zest, chopped capers, garlic, grated parmesan, etc. Any of these things, in a small amount, added to the oil prior to brushing will add a subtle new dimension. YUM!
Note: The photos are taken with “Not Pistou“, which … is the best dip ever.
Baked Pita WedgesPrint Rate
- 6 each low carb pita loafs
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 325 F.
- Cut each pita into 8 wedges.
- Each pita will have a fold, where it's attached at the top ... like a binder. Snap each pita wedge into half, at the seam. This will effectively double your chips with which to dip!
- Layer your wedges on a baking tray, with the in-side facing up.
- Brush each chip with a bit of olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown.
- Serve hot or room temperature. They're great, either way!
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note, I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with my ideals and I believe would be of value to my readers.
* Learn More: More about this recipe and nutrition …