Servings: 8 Prep: 15 min Cook: 15 min Total: 30 min
This dessert is incredibly easy to make. It’s little more than chocolate flavored whipped cream, with some orange zest and sweetener thrown into it. Top off with a few pecans and you have something that feels far more exotic and luxurious than a basic whipped cream.
Top this sweet brown pillow off with some homemade sugar free chocolate sauce.
This dessert is quick to make and is also induction friendly! (Yes, I know … Pecans aren’t on the induction list, but my interpretation of that rule is that it’s designed to keep you from eating handfuls of nuts. You can leave them out, or you can include them and just chalk them up to small amounts of texture, in another otherwise soft cloud of goodness!)
Note: The recipe asks for 1 tsp of orange oil. I’ve got a small vial of it at home and dribble it into lots of things. I find it gives a nice extra dimension to some dishes, without boosting the carbs. However, you could substitute this ingredient by zesting only the orange outer layer of an orange, on the fine side of a cheese grater and add that. You could also fold in a 1/4 cup of sugar-free orange marmalade.
Orange-Pecan Chocolate MoussePrint Rate
Orange Chocolate Mousse
- 1 1/2 cups cream heavy whipping
- 1/4 cup 'Swerve' or other sugar replacement
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp orange oil extract
- 1 dash salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup cream heavy whipping
- 1/2 cup 'Swerve' or other sugar replacement
- 1 dash salt
- 8 large dollops whipped cream
- 1/2 cup pecan halves toasted and coursely chopped
- For the mousse, place all the ingredients into a electric mixer, or in a bowl with a hand mixer. This can be done with a whisk, as well, but it's tiring.
- Whisk the ingredients until they are fluffy and delicious!
- For the Chocolate Sauce, heat all the ingredients (omitting 1/2 cup of cream) over a medium heat, whisking until just below simmering, thick and well combined. Adjust the consistency with the cream. You can thin it out with the cream. Remember, it will thicken, as it cools!
- To assemble, put a nice sized scoop of the mousse into a bowl or cup. Top with chocolate sauce, whipped cream and toasted pecans!
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note, I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with my ideals and I believe would be of value to my readers.
* Learn More: More about this recipe and nutrition …