Servings: 6 Prep: 5 min Cook: 0 min Total: 5 min
It’s so hot out! I’m tired of iced tea. Diet sodas just don’t sit right with me. I’m not in the mood for a heavy sugar free shake. Egg nog is so “Holiday Season”. What am I going to do?!
Enter … Strawberry Lemonade! This cool refreshing beverage is perfect for a hot summer day. It’s tart, sweet and goes down easy! It’s quick to make and just about anyone would love to have it! Make a pitcher and keep it in the fridge! I often make it with frozen berries and lemon concentrate. It’s not as good as the truly fresh stuff, but … I’ve often got berries in the freezer and those little plastic lemons in the fridge!
Note: I was going to add a small amount of fresh basil leaves, when I pureed the berries, but … I forgot to add them! Silly me! In any event, that was the original idea. Give it a shot!
- 2 cups strawberries washed, stems removed and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup 'Swerve' or other sugar replacement
- 1 dash salt
- 3 cups cold water
- Add all the ingredients to a blender, except the water. Puree until the sugar equivalent is dissolved.
- Add the puree to a pitcher and stir in the water. Taste and add more sugar equivalent, should it need it.
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note, I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with my ideals and I believe would be of value to my readers.
* Learn More: More about this recipe and nutrition …