Servings: 8 Prep: 15 min Cook: 15 min Total: 30 min
Peanut sauce is yum. Plain and simple.
Its sweet, salty, fragrant and thick gingeriness always brings me comfort. It’s yum.
It’s commonly served in Thai restaurants with grilled satays, and a sweet cucumber salad. It’s also quite tasty mixed with chilled noodles, for a peanutty pasta salad! Slap some grilled shrimp on a pile of chilled peanut pasta salad, garnish with a few cilantro sprigs and everyone in the neighborhood will come running!
It can be used as the base for curries. It’s great mixed with a little more lime juice and peanut oil and used as a salad dressing! Serve it with grilled veggies or as the spread on a funky chicken sandwich!
It’s very easy to make and just take a few minutes. Simply fry the garlic, ginger and curry paste for a moment. Add the remaining ingredients, simmer, stir, season and serves roughly eight 1-oz. servings! Yum.
Thai Style Peanut SaucePrint Rate
- Over medium-low heat, saute the ginger, garlic, and curry paste in the oil until the garlic is translucent and the mixture is highly aromatic.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pan.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- If mixture is too thick (Remember! It will thicken, when it cools), thin the mixture with more coconut milk.
- Taste and give final seasoning.
- Remove and cool or serve warm!
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note, I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with my ideals and I believe would be of value to my readers.
* Learn More: More about this recipe and nutrition …