Servings: 2 Prep: 10 min Cook: 0 min Total: 10 min
When I was younger, I had a stint in a Seattle Deli. It was an excellent experience. I learned a lot about merchandising, customer service, numbers, etc. I’d never worked in the grocery industry. It was really eye opening. I liked it!
Aside from fresh grilled Panini’s, another “stand out” were these lovely-tasty wraps that were made there. They were kind of like a cross between a standard sandwich (but with better fillings), a burrito and … SUSHI! They were these beautifully presented disks of spirally-sandwichy goodness!
Really, anything you put into a sandwich, you can put in a wrap. Requirements are thin “stuff”, spread evenly across a tortilla. Then, roll it up and slice it! Common fillings are any number of interesting deli meats, from turkeys and hams to the capicolas, salamis and mortadellas. Then, you’ve got the entire range of cheeses, spreads and condiments. You could do a standard ham, swiss and mustard, or you could get nutty! There’s also all the salad greens, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, etc. If it’s small enough to fit in a tortilla, there’s probably some complementary ingredients that belong with it!
Note: You can use All-Purpose Crepes for this, in place of the tortillas. This works quite well, but you need to be more delicate with the rolling process. You just won’t be able to roll it as tightly. May require a fork. Still VERY delicious, though!
Roll it up, slice it and enjoy!
Turkey, Bacon, Pesto WrapPrint Rate
- 2 each low carb tortillas
- 1/4 cup Savory "Pesto" Schmear
- 4 slices turkey
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- 6 each baby romaine lettuce leaves washed and dried
- 1 small tomato cut into 10 wedges
- 1/4 cup parmesan (reggiano) cheese grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Lay down the two tortillas, side-by-side, on a flat surface.
- Imagine an envelope, with its flap open. Spread the evenly over each tortilla, with the exception of a 1 inch "flap" at the top. Leave this dry.
- Layer 2 sliced of turkey evenly over each tortilla.
- Follow this with 2 slices of bacon, each.
- Please 3 leaves of romaine within each tortilla.
- In a straight line near the center of each tortilla, place 5 small tomato wedges. Season each tomato wedge with a small amount of salt and pepper.
- Add 2 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese to each tortilla.
- Run your fingers through some water, just enough to get them wet. With your wet fingers, make the dry portion of the tortilla flap slightly moist.
- Tightly roll the tortilla and fillings, away from yourself towards the flap. Stop when the damp flap is completely held down by the rest of the wrap.
- Let the wrap sit on top of the flap for about 1 minute, while it seals.
- Cut each wrap into 6 pieces, and lay them attractively on a plate (or just eat the things!)
- Eat the things!
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note, I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with my ideals and I believe would be of value to my readers.
* Learn More: More about this recipe and nutrition …
2 thoughts on “Turkey, Bacon, Pesto Wrap”
This looks delicious, but you must have dictated it 🙂
“Spread the evenly” “Please 3 leaves of romaine”
and finally, what is Savory “Pesto” Schmear ?
Thanks, love your recipes
Oh snap! This is one of my oldest recipes. So, my attention to detail was nowhere near as strong. Whoops! Looks like it needs editing!
Also, the website USED to link to other recipes, but the new update lost those links. This is another thing I need to re-add. If you go to the top and search for Pesto Schmear, you’ll find it. It’s just pesto mixed with cream cheese, though (and it’s awesome!) 🙂
Thank you for pointing this all out. I need to go back and fix this one. Hopefully this will help you enjoy it! 😀