Servings: 6 Prep: 10 min Cook: 0 min Total: 10 min
“Fat is flavor.”
I remember this lesson well, in cooking school. Wise information handed down from a crotchety old Frenched chef dubbed “The Frog” (apparently frog legs were a favorite of his).
This recipe makes something along the lines of a basic cheesecake flavored “mousse”. It’s soft, sweet and tasty.
There are many who feel that a diet high in fat and low in pretty much everything else is the way to go. I’ve seen ratios like 90% fat, 9% protein and 1% carbs … to maintain and sustain a healthy life. I don’t know about all of that, but … I DO know that this is quick, delicious, easy to make and holds well in the fridge for a few days. I usually make a batch and divide it into little plastic cups in the fridge. I’ll eat one after dinner, while I see what kinds of shenanigans The Mentalist is up to, this week.
Anyone that says a sweet tasty dessert full of fat and … almost nothing else … is a bad thing is … lying to you.
“It’s a good thing.” – A quote from an equally crotchety individual. 🙂
- Add the first 4 ingredients to a food processor. If you don't have one, you can do this with a whisk and a bowl.
- Turn on the food processor.
- With the processor running, add the cream in a medium-slow and deliberate steady stream. This will "whip" the cream with the cream cheese. This will add air and will result in something like a cheesecake "mousse", once it chills.
- Portion into cups and eat when chilled!
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note, I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with my ideals and I believe would be of value to my readers.
* Learn More: More about this recipe and nutrition …