Servings: 8 Prep: 15 min Cook: 0 Total: 15 min
There’s always the old “stack stuff on a chip” style of appetizer. These look nice, tend to be easy to prepare, are easily held in your hand and can be made with ingredients that don’t take a lot of fiddling with. Short of the little parmesan cups, these only take a few minutes to prepare!
Note: The main focal point of this appetizer is the blackberry. All the flavors combined are excellent, and the overall appearance is beautiful, but when you bite into it, the blackberry will crush and will be the first flavor tasted. Make sure you get sweet, fresh and wonderful blackberries. They really make the dish!
Second Note: I mention chiffonade of basil. It’s basically basil that’s been cut into strips. You can see the method, here.
Final Note: This dish is calculated for each of the 8 individuals to have 2 crisps, each.
Blackberries, Walnuts, Blue Cheese and Bacon in a Parmesan CupPrint Rate
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbled, but not packed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 16 each small parmesan cups
- 1 cup fresh blackberries washed and dried
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 1/4 cup walnut halves broken and toasted
- 16 leaves fresh basil cut into ribbons (chiffonade)
- In a bowl, combine the sour cream and blue cheese. With the back of a spoon, squish some of the blue cheese and combine each of the ingredients until you have a chunky paste.
- Place a teaspoon of blue the blue cheese mixture within each of the parmesan cups.
- Place a small amount of bacon and walnuts on each crisp.
- Top the pile with a fresh blackberry and some basil chiffonade.
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note, I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with my ideals and I believe would be of value to my readers.
* Learn More: More about this recipe and nutrition …