Servings: 12 Prep: 5 mins Cook: 0 hr Total: 5 mins
Many store bought salad dressings have added sugar within them (READ LABELS!). The quality on the ingredients can also be questionable. Whenever I can, I like to make my own sauces and dressings. It doesn’t take as long as you might think … and the flavors can just POP!
Within this simple salad dressing, the large boulders of blue cheese have a tactile smoosh in a way that only a good, ripe, moldy cheese can. Its sticky, icky, blue-gray crumbles lumping up the pungent dressing, makes for a perfect complement to a light salad … perhaps with a bit of fruit for a naughty splurge!
Try taking this dressing and tossing it with some baby romaine leaves, some walnuts and a few cubes of apple or pear. Top it off with some more cheesy crumbles and it’s a funky sweet paradise! Or, just set a cup aside and dip your carrot sticks into it.
Has anyone mentioned Buffalo Wings, yet? MMMmmmmm ….
Note: Will make about twelve 2-tablespoon servings.
Chunky Blue Cheese DressingPrint Rate
- 4 oz quality Roquefort cheese crumbled and divided
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a bowl, squish together half of the cheese and the buttermilk with a fork, until it's a bit of a chunky paste.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients, including the remaining larger chunks of blue cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve or store!
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note, I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with my ideals and I believe would be of value to my readers.
* Learn More: More about this recipe and nutrition …