Servings: 6 Prep: 10 min Cook: 0 min Total: 10 min
This is a pretty standard salsa recipe. I don’t want to undermine the awesomeness of it, because it is truly great, but it’s ultimately … salsa. No big tricks, no low carb magic, just good solid ingredients.
Ok, I’m kind of lying. I just make these things up, as I go along. This salsa is AWESOME!
Use the best, freshest ingredients. Also, use a sharp knife when cutting your onions and garlic, so that they don’t bleed and oxidize, giving that weird “old onion” taste. Fresh, sweet vibrant onions and garlic really help make this a tasty little salsa. I also DO somewhat cut back on the onions, because … onions are pretty carby. There’s just enough there, so that you know they’re there, but without loading this with extra unnecessary carbs. For me, the big thing is fresh lime juice, a speckle of sweetener and enough salt to kick the lime juice’s tarty nature … right in the tail.
This salsa is … well … it’s YUM!
Note: Photos taken with baked low carb tortilla chips.
- 2 each large ripe tomatoes diced
- 1 small fresh onion diced
- 4 each garlic cloves minced
- 1 each jalepeno chillies seeds removed and finely diced
- 2 tbsp lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2 bunch cilantro washed, large stems removed, and chopped
- 1 tsp 'Swerve' or other sugar replacement
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Mix and serve!
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note, I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with my ideals and I believe would be of value to my readers.
* Learn More: More about this recipe and nutrition …