Servings: 4 Prep: 15 min Cook: 0 min Total: 15 min
I don’t know if this is a recipe, so much as an idea to combine crepes with filling and top it with whipped cream. Whether it’s a “recipe” or not, remains to be seen. Whatever you want to call it … it’s delicious!
These are made with super low carb, flourless crepes. The filling is a fruity cream cheese based schmear. The topping is whipped cream and toasted slivered almonds. When I made this, I had a jar of sugarless jam and added a scoopful of jam on the plate. Truth be told … I don’t remember why I did that! Color? Flavor? Whatever the case … it’s still delicious!
I used to make these crepes a lot and would stuff them with all sorts of things, from pesto cream cheese and ham, to blackberries and leftover flan. In the end, this is just a recommendation to try different things in tasty ways!
Strawberry Schmear Crepes with Whipped CreamPrint Rate
- 12 each all-purpose ricotta crepes
- 1 1/2 cups sweet fruity schmear
- 4 large dollops whipped cream
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds toasted
- Open each crepe onto a clean surface.
- Spread 1/3rd of the schmear evenly over the face of each crepe.
- Fold the crepes into triangles.
- Place the crepes onto a plate.
- Garnish with whipped cream and toasted almonds.
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note, I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with my ideals and I believe would be of value to my readers.
* Learn More: More about this recipe and nutrition …
2 thoughts on “Strawberry Schmear Crepes with Whipped Cream”
I can’t get them to come out of the pan! We enjoyed them as crepe crumbles.
Hi Unknown … it’s imperative that non-stick, non porous pans be used for this … otherwise … yep! They’ll be tough to get out. Sorry about that. At least you enjoyed them as crumbles!