Servings: 6 Prep: 10 mins Cook: 0 mins Total: 6 hrs
I can make a seriously mean bowl of homemade, homespun, natural ice cream. Sure, I can candy the orange rind in a xylitol solution. Absolutely, I can make an egg yolk based custard, because the lecithin helps the scoopabilitiy. I could totally whip up my own homemade blend of inulin, stevia and pulverized non-gmo erythritol. I could totally grow and juice my own oranges, reduce the juice and add in a bit of natural orange oils. I could do all of these things and have something marginally better for me than this simple and delightful recipe, but … you know what?
I’m lazy! There are times where I simply don’t want to do all of that!
Some of the time I just want to open a jar, mix it with cream and freeze it. It’s perfect, tasty, pre-portioned and sitting in my freezer, ready to go for a little late night snack. This is SOOO much better for me than the sugary alternative. Knowing I can whip this up keeps me out of the frozen food aisle at the store.
Ahhhh … such a sweet little treat. It brings me back to a time chasing ice cream trucks, as a kid. Really, this is an awesome recipe, taking only a few minutes to make. Now, all I need to do is figure out how to get a hard frozen orange shell wrapped around the whole thing. Anyone have any ideas?
Note: The mold used for these popsicles is the Tovolo Groovy Ice Pop Mold.
- 1 1/2 cups cream heavy whipping
- 3/4 cup almond milk unsweetened, divided
- 2/3 cup sugar-free orange marmalade
- 2 tbsp 'Swerve' or other sugar replacement
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- dash salt
- In a medium bowl whisk together the ingredients, making sure that the sweetener is fully dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into the molds. Fit your handles into the base of the molds and freeze until solid (about 6 hours).
- To remove from the molds, hold under hot tap water for about 10 seconds. The pops ... pop right out!
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note, I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with my ideals and I believe would be of value to my readers.
* Learn More: More about this recipe and nutrition …