Servings: 8 Prep: 5 mins Cook: 5 min Total: 10 min
Often times you’ll walk into an Italian restaurant and be offered a white sauce, or a red sauce. You can order a pizza and have it red or white. Certainly “red” is the more common variety in these instances, but white is just as tasty!
I’m here to tell you that the world isn’t always so red and white. There are always going to be shades of pink.
Welcome to one of my personal favorites! This is a WONDERFUL accompaniment to pasta, zoodles, poured over a chicken breast, drizzled onto a bowl of buttered cauliflower, etc. It’s got some pink from the tomatoes, as well as the slightly sweet roasted peppers. It’s also got a little texture and smoky flavor coming from the bacon bits. Finally, there are the little speckles of fresh basil, to tie the whole thing together.
It’s also INCREDIBLY fast to make; a perfect pairing with a plethora of meal ideas. Give it a shot!
Note: Reduced cream-based sauces tend to form a skin almost immediately. As a result, the photos aren’t as “pink” as the sauce really was. Bear in mind … the skin is delicious! 🙂
Tomato and Roasted Pepper CreamPrint Rate
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 each garlic clove cut into thin rings
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- 2 medium tomatoes diced
- 2 small roasted bell peppers peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 cup cream heavy whipping
- 16 leaves fresh basil hand torn
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, add your butter.
- Quickly add your chopped garlic and bacon bits to the pan.
- The very moment the garlic begins to turn brown, add your diced tomatoes and peppers to the pan, with some salt and pepper. Turn your heat up high and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add your cream. Let the sauce reduce until it's the appropriate viscosity for a sauce (probably about 3 to 6 minutes, depending on how hot your pan is). Watch it, so it doesn't burn.
- Once it's a nice thickness, taste it and adjust seasoning.
- Finally, stir in your fresh basil leaves.
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note, I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with my ideals and I believe would be of value to my readers.
* Learn More: More about this recipe and nutrition …